Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hell on Skates to close, but coverage continues at timesunion.com

Hello everyone,

It is with mixed emotions that I make the following announcement: Hell on Skates will be discontinued effective immediately so that I may blog exclusively for Hockey Spoken Here at timesunion.com.

Hell on Skates launched in June, and since that time I have worked tirelessly to bring you up-to-the-minute news on the Albany Devils and former Albany River Rats, enjoying every moment along the way.

A few weeks ago I was chatting with Pete Dougherty of the Times Union about our individual blogs, and he noted that they appeal to the same audience (pro-hockey fans in Albany). It was then that Pete suggested I consider becoming a guest blogger for Hockey Spoken Here, which would allow me to continue blogging about the Devils on the newspaper's website, and (let's face it) reach a significantly larger audience.

Needless to say, I have jumped at the opportunity.

For now, I will leave Hell on Skates intact in case I have to reference transactions from earlier this summer, but moving forward I hope you will join me at Hockey Spoken Here for continued coverage of the Albany Devils, as well as the players that have called Albany home during their professional careers.

Thank you, and I hope to see you at timesunion.com!

Sincerely,
Don Ferlazzo
Editor (retired), Hell on Skates


Note: Don Ferlazzo is not an employee of the Albany Devils, nor is this blog sponsored or influenced by the organization in any way.

Follow Don Ferlazzo at http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/ or on Twitter @HellOnSkates.

No comments:

Post a Comment